Monday, January 11, 2010

Merry Christmas, 2009!

So sorry it has taken me this long to post pics from our trip to choose our Christmas tree. Yes, slacker would be the word. We went the last day the tree farm was going to be open, picked a tree and found out they were on SALE!! We paid $20 for an 8 ft tree!!! LOVED that~
We were given a long pole to take with us out into the farm and when we found the tree we wanted, we were told to hold the red end in the air and the guys would come and cut it down for us. Pierce made sure this was going to work out for us.
Santa was even there!!
On the way home, Pierce was VERY excited...he even decided to make a "yist" (list). He's so into lists, I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am! Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE a good list.
When we got home, Pierce took a nap while B & I put the tree up. When he got up, it was in the tree stand and ready for decorations. Pierce decided he was ready, too...minus his pants. Hey, whatever works, right?
We had lots of company for Christmas. B's mom & brother came early Christmas week and my mom & Dougie Doug came on Christmas Eve. We did have a few weather delays/cancellations, BUT everyone made it and we had a blessed holiday together.
On Christmas Eve, Pierce & B were using NORAD to track Santa. Pierce thought it was pretty cool!
Happy Birthday, Jesus & Merry Christmas!! Yes, Kerry, that's a recorder in Pierce's hand...it was mine & I played it in 3rd grade. So, now we're even. :)
And, who remembers the good 'ole "Sit N Spin"?
Unfortnately, Pierce started to get sick the weekend after Christmas and ended up running a fever for a few days. (Yes, he's sitting IN the laundry basket ON the clean clothes!)
Bless his little heart...all he wanted was to lay on me and snuggle up with his pillow. I didn't mind, but the new baby was ALL ABOUT kicking him if he was leaning on my belly too much. Good thing for Pierce, he didn't seem to mind as long as he was near his Momma.

No comments: